Sunday 3 April 2011

I Love Fat Birds

Unwanted fat left over from cooking can be a bit of a problem. While a certain amount of fat is actually essential in your diet it is very calorific. I loved beef dripping on toast as an adolescent, when I stayed skinny as a rake while hoovering up any food that came my way. My metabolism is not quite up to the same speed these days.

For businesses that cook with fat it is even more of an issue

The worst thing that you can do with it is pour it down the sink. If it doesn’t block your drains then it will cause a problem further down the system.

Max McMurdo has a solution with his DIY fat cake making kit for feeding birds, details of which can be found at his very PC website I Love Fat Birds.

What you cannot use is Turkey fat.

Instead, use it as you would duck fat to roast potatoes or in a confit recipe.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment