Monday 9 May 2011

A Surplus of Poppadoms

Having had fun making the video showing how to make poppadom baskets I was left with a surplus of the things, especially as I already had the evening meal (boiled ham) planned.
Luckily there were a few family over for the meal and some of the poppadoms went out as nibbles.
This still left a few over for this evening.
I often do a chicken and ham pie on a Monday. If we had chicken the day before I add some ham but tonight it was the other way round. I gently cook some onions and mushrooms and add a can of Campbells condensed chicken soup, some sage, and then the meat. This makes the filling for the pie.
For the topping I use whatever potatoes were left over. Today it is Champ, mashed potatoes with chopped spring onions (scallions) mixed through.


So, what to do with the poppadoms? Well, I broke them up and sprinkled them over the potato topping and then grated some mild cheddar over the top. I don’t usually bother with mild cheddar but our young niece had been staying. This was an ideal chance to use it up with the salty snacks.

The whole lot went into an oven at 180C for 30 minutes. Voila, a nice, easy, tasty supper - with a twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment