Saturday 24 December 2011

Twelve days 'till Christmas Day 12


Christmas Eve
Time to relax and enjoy yourself in the kitchen.  As the saying goes, ‘I like to cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food.’
Hopefully you have planned ahead & all the food is there waiting for you. Some adrenalin junkies will be playing Russian roulette & leaving the shopping until the last possible minute, hoping for bargains. I prefer to do that just after New Year, if there is space in the freezer.
Where possible, rely on K.I.S.S. ‘Keep It Simple Stupid. Keep the portion sizes small, the dishes down to a reasonable level, and the food out of the bin.
After the meal , strip the turkey carcase & freeze what you are not likely to use in meal sized portions. Boil up the bones to make stock or the basis for a soup.
Otherwise, get creative with the leftovers. Guests needn’t feel like they are getting warmed up seconds if you put a little imagination into the preparation.
This year I’m taking the easy way out & heading over to my brother’s family in Kent.
Happy Christmas, Poppadom.



No comments:

Post a Comment